The Board of Commissioners
- Pre-Meeting/Agenda 5:30 p.m.
- Regular Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- Second and Fourth Monday, each month (Except for the month of May. Please consult the Municipal Calendar.There will be no second meeting in December.)
- Workshop only "As Needed," Third Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
- Municipal Building
1840 Municipal Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
Agendas & Minutes
- Albert B. Kling, President
Term Expires: January 2020; Oversees the following Departments: Code Compliance/ Planning & Zoning, Fire and Public Works
Contact President Kling
- Donna E. DiMeo, Vice President
Term Expires: January 2022; Oversees the following Departments: Administration/Finance,Golf/Parks & Recreation, and Library
Contact Vice-President DiMeo
- David R. Heck
Term Expires: January 2020; Oversees the following Departments: Finance/Administration, Police
Contact Commissioner Heck
- Samuel M. Mecum
Term Expires:January 2022;Oversees the following Departments: Code Compliance/Planning & Zoning, Library and Police
Contact Commissioner Mecum
- Thomas G. O'Brien
Term Expires: January 2022; Oversees the following Departments: Golf/Parks & Recreation and Public Works
Contact Commissioner O'Brien
The Board of Commissioners is the elected governing body of Manheim Township and is comprised of five (5) members elected at-large by the Township voters.
The Board of Commissioners' authority is enabled by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania under the PA First Class Township Code and other local government laws and statutes. In Pennsylvania, all Townships of the First Class are governed and supervised by an elected Board of Township Commissioners.
In accordance with the PA First Class Township Code, the Manheim Township Board of Commissioners is charged with the general governance of the Township, the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure the sound fiscal management of the Township and securing the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the community.
The Board of Commissioners accomplishes its charge by:
Adopting resolutions and ordinances (laws);
- Hiring staff to provide services and establishing fees and charges for services;
- Adopting a budget and establishing tax rates;
- Appointing advisory and special purpose boards and commissions to help oversee legislative activities and certain operational functions and services to the community;
- Performing duties and exercising powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of the Commonwealth of PA.
The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners are elected for terms of four (4) years.