Code Compliance Department
Applying for and Obtaining Building & Other Code Related Permits
- IN PERSON: Make Application for Building Permits OR obtain Over-The-Counter Permits in person at our office M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm
- VIA PERMIT PORTAL: File applications via our Permit Portal. Click on circular CityView graphic link below to sign up for and use the Permit Portal. The Permit Portal supports several over-the-counter permit types.
- VIA FIRST CLASS MAIL OR E-MAIL: File applications via e-mail.
- Complete the applicable fillable .PDF permit application found in the left margin link named "Permit Applications". Permit Applications require digital signature or original signature.
- For Building Permits complete the applicable "Building Permit Fee Worksheet" also found in the left margin.
- Submit two (2) copies of digital plans and specifications along with Permit Application and Fee Worksheet.
- Two (2) sets of hard copy original plans and site plans are to submitted via First Class Mail or dropped at the Municipal Office c/o Department of Code Compliance.
- You can e-mail applications to Amanda Gilbertson at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for payment via credit card over the phone or via mailed check.
To provide and promote quality and safe buildings and structures through effective and efficient administration and enforcement of codes, to provide a safe environment, and to do so with the best possible service within our means to promote the general health, safety and welfare for the community.
- Issuing permits for residential and non-residential construction activity as required per the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (PA UCC), applicable Township Ordinances and Administrative Orders
- Performing site inspections related to construction permits to ensure compliance with PA UCC, applicable Ordinances and Administrative Orders
- Enforce the Property Maintenance Code of Manheim Township, Ordinance 2018-4
- Field complaints related to property maintenance concerns
- Perform field inspections and initiate enforcement actions against property maintenance code violations