UCC Board of Appeals
- 7:00 p.m.
- Third Thursday bi-monthly beginning in January, as needed
- Municipal Building
1840 Municipal Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
- Steven G. Kelley
Term Expires: January 2021
- James A. Mehaffey, Chairperson
Term Expires: January 2023
- Keith D. Good
Term Expires: January 2020
- Barbara Bieganski
Term Expires: January 2022
- Connie King, Vice-Chair
Term Expires: January 2024
Following the adoption of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) by the State Legislature in 2002, the Township Board of Commissioners established the Manheim Township UCC Board of Appeals to serve as a judicial board responsible for hearing appeals of the Township's Building Code Officials' determinations on matters concerning building construction, structures and the general health, safety and welfare of the community under the UCC and the Township's respective codes related to building and property.
Examples of specific duties of the Board of Appeals are as follows:
- Hear and rule on appeals, requests for variances and requests for extensions of time under the PA UCC, as amended.
- Have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and render final appeal adjudications in matters related to determinations of the Building Code Officials in accordance with the procedures outlined in the PA UCC, as amended from time to time.
- In accordance with the PA UCC, the Building Code Board of Appeals shall not act upon appeals, requests for variances or requests for extensions of time relating to accessibility.
- Serve other municipalities only upon approval by resolution of the Board of Commissioners and upon mutual execution of an inter-municipal agreement in accordance with 53 Pa.C.S.A. § 2301-2315
The Building Code Board of Appeals is comprised five (5) members, each of whom are qualified to serve by virtue of their training and experience on matters pertaining to building construction (e.g. licensure as an architect or engineer, experience in the construction industry, or training or experience as an inspector or plan reviewer). Each member is appointed by the Board of Commissioners for a term of five (5) years.